Wednesday 22 June 2011

Hey pussy cat


It seems that sailing is becoming all about the catamarans these days. Check out this AC action for proof:

http://www.anchorfan.com/video/oracle-racing-ac45-crashes-spectacularly-in-test-for-the-americas-cup


Just when I thought I was getting the hang of foiling, looks like I am going to have to learn what to do with two hulls; not to mention how to swing about in the funny hammock/ trapeze thing. Time for some cat training...



As every girl knows it is always important to try on your party outfit before a big do, especially one where you are not quite sure of the fit. So I thought I should give Adam’s trapeze harness a quick try out. I dug it out of the loft and struggled into it. (Girls, be warned - dating a gentleman with a smaller bottom than you is not good for the ego!) 10 minutes later and I had finally got all the buckles and bits of strapping on. I was in the house on my own and the fleeting thought crossed my mind, getting in was quite a struggle, I hope I can get out of this on my own. Suddenly that was the least of my worries. I was trussed up like a Christmas turkey when horror of horrors... the door bell rang... I snuck a look out the window, maybe I could ignore it... it was the delivery man with an important, long awaited parcel, oh no! OK what are the options? 1) Hide, let the postman walk away and go through the hassle of collecting the parcel from the nearest delivery office - probably in Aberdeen. 2) Answer the door in the middle of the day in what most ordinary members of the public would consider to be S&M wear!



What did I do? What every self respecting young lady would do in the circumstances, threw on the trusty oversized Gill Race Team jacket and signed for the parcel “Wearing my coat, yes I was just on my way out, lucky you caught me” ;-)


Tune in next time to find out how my cat experience goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment