Wednesday 1 May 2013

How high can you go without foils?


Today was my first acclimatization day before beginning an expedition to climb Mount Shasta on Friday. Mount Shasta is a volcano in the North of California. Standing at 14,179ft it is half the height of Mount Everest. Being a volcano, rather than part of a range of high mountains makes Mount Shasta an imposing sight as it towers over the town. I believe the term is impressive topographical prominence but looking from down here, trying to imaging myself slowly inching my way up the snow field, all I can think is it looks a very long way up.



I had a fun day getting used to walking in the snow and even managed my first run in snow. Is it still trail running when there isn’t a trail? 


 Highlights included a possible yeti sighting ;) and a picnic spot with a fantastic view.




I will keep you updated on my progress and hopefully get some great pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment